Job Title: Engineers -Multi -Skilled -Shifts, 4 on 4 off Night shift
To maintain our growth and ambition we have embarked on a huge investment in our manufacturing centres, with automation, robotics and a desire to have a state-of-the-art production centre. But we can’t do that without your help. Why? Because it’s our people that make us who we are.
Due to this growth we are currently recruiting engineers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving predominately mechanical and electrical breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Every individual has a responsibility for Health and Safety, and this must be at the forefront of all engineering activity.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team;
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time
- Hands on ability. This is not a theoretical engineering role
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to ONC, NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
Training and Education:
The jobholder may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder’s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
- Health & Safety
- Technical and process training applicable to the role
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
The Company: Successful food business with real growth ambitions. We can provide an opportunity that will both stretch and stimulate
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/201fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.