Agriculture Operations Manager
For over 60 years we’ve been the number one branded player in frozen potato market. When it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious and great tasting food we’re kind of a big deal!
You won’t just find us in supermarkets though. As well as owning a household retail brand, our respected foodservice business works in close partnership with distributors, chefs and caterers across thousands of the country’s pubs, restaurants, hospitals and schools.
We love potatoes. But we also love our people.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Agriculture Operations Manager, you’ll be the link between Agriculture and Production where you’ll manage the receiving process from intake to the peeler within production.
You’ll report into the Potato Supply Lead and it’s your job to be accountable for ensuring the effective set up of receiving facilities and management of the blending process to ensure optimised utilisation of whole-crop and constant supply to meet scheduling requirements.
We have high standards here at McCain, our quality is what makes our customers keep coming back for more, so this role plays a vital part in ensuring we’re always ahead of the game, always making ‘best for business’ decisions.
You will also…
- Deliver agriculture operations budget within the forecasted cost.
- Input financials for utilising the right crop into the right SKU at the right price.
- Develop an effective relationship with Potato Procurement Manager, Schedulers, growers, receiving and production, to ensure supply, quality, schedule attainment is maintained.
- Focus on continuous improvement of movement of materials vs planning and actual performance.
- Ensure robust processes and procedures are in place and complied with, to meet operating standards, legislation and audit requirements; identifying issues and taking action as required.
- Ensure team are adequately trained to be competent in the role and are legally and audit compliant.
- Maintain a safe working environment and oversee yours and your team’s personal safety. Establishing practices to deliver legislated and internal environmental requirements.
- Manage and implement the company food safety and quality policy, reporting any foreign body issues and investigations, including feedback to grower base and creating action plans.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
As well as having a love for agriculture (and potatoes!) it’s also really important that you have experience and knowledge of the food manufacturing industry. Ideally you’ll be already a senior manager within an FMCG environment, ideally with experience of produce or raw goods.
You must also have…
- Sound commercial knowledge of the produce industry
- Confidence and competence in delivering presentations and communicating plans
- Ability to create and communicate strategic planning documents
- Understand and deliver the balance between Operations and Strategy/Planning – demonstrate the ability to shift easily between the two when appropriate
- Ability to work flexibly within a 24/7 business
- Dynamic decision maker
- Quick learner – capacity to pick up process easily and then communicate ideas for improvement if appropriate
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels and within the business and particularly within Supply Chain
- Understanding the whole manufacturing process, to drive the decisions to limit financial impact.
- Build an in depth technical understanding of the receiving area
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Although we do encourage you to taste the goods you’ll be pleased to know we don’t pay you in chips. For working hard, you’ll also get a great salary and some pretty good benefits including:
Bonus of up to 15% based on business and personal performance.
- An excellent pension where we will pay double what you do, up to a maximum of 12% of your pay
- Flexible holidays – where you can buy & sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Optional health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- ‘Chips In’ Volunteering Day Off - to make a positive impact to the competitiveness, resilience, and long-term development of McCain communities across the globe
- And of course, being part of a Global business there are great opportunities to shine/thrive should you wish to relocate in the future. We have an ambitious 5 year growth plan that presents development & progression opportunities for those who seek it out.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK…
You’ll work as part of a wider agricultural team but you’ll be based from our plant in Whittlesey. This is one of our biggest plants in GB and if you’ve ever ordered fast food fries, or munched down on one of our smiles, or cut into one of our frozen jacket potatoes, then the likelihood is that it’s come from this plant.