Do you have a passion for sensory science and would you like to play a key role in developing quality dairy products? We are currently looking to recruit a Sensory Scientist to join us at our UK head office in Leeds.
Home to some of the UK’s leading dairy brands, including Cravendale, Anchor, Lurpak and Castello, Arla Foods produce a full range of fresh dairy products to the major retailers and foodservice customers.
Reporting to the Global Head of Sensory and Consumer Science, you will be responsible for setting up facilites and building sensory support for UK Innovation. You will work closely with both NPD and Innovation managers providing sensory feedback and actionable insights. Designing, preparing, and conducting analyses based on proven sensory research protocols you will ensure timely results that allow your stakeholders to react with pace and precision. As the sensory science expert you will also stay up to date with developments in science with regards to methodology and user experience.
- Recruit and build a trained sensory panel in Leeds, for descriptive testing
- As panel lead, maintain and motivate the panel for retention and performance
- Define and scope the sensory research with stakeholders
- Prepare samples and lead panel
- Analyse and interpret results to obtain actionable insights
- Prepare timely reports and presentations to the stakeholders
- Inspire organization, to drive sensory engagement in product performance and user experience
- Take part in NPD portfolio meetings, and be proactively involved in innovation projects
- Part of UK consumer product testing, supporting the local Insight manager
- Engage in and apply relevant, latest methodology as part of the global S&CS team
Skills and experience
- You hold a relevant university degree, preferably a PhD with sensory specialisation
- Sensory experience within food, flavour, or ingredients
- In-depth knowledge of Sensory Methodologies
- Data- and statistical expertise
- Knowledge of the use of FIZZ Sensory Software, EyeQuestion, XLSTAT or similar
- Knowledge of consumer product testing
You like to work in a high paced business environment and can navigate in a matrix organization. You drive engagement in product sensory and user experience with your science background and excellent communication skills. You are result oriented and great at stakeholder management.