Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Job Reference: FE/9933
This role is with a very successful, growing family business in the heart of the Cheshire countryside.
It’s a genuinely great place to work. Staff are valued, developed, and listened to. It’s an exciting time for them as the product range expands and demand grows. This is a key role within a new and growing Quality team that has arisen due to substantial business growth.
Reporting to the QA Manager, this role will require a proactive and hands on approach within a production environment, with key responsibilities involving:
- Routine monitoring and verification of site food safety/ quality compliance, to include structured Daily QA checks, GMP audits, line hygiene checks, traceability, and process record compliance.
- Effective non-conformance & proactive concession management for internal process control, to include root cause analysis with relative teams. All recommendations, to include corrective and preventative actions will be communicated effectively for review.
- Verification HACCP/ Food Safety and site pre-requisites, under guidance from QA Manager.
- Conduct routine audits against Quality schedule to include internal audits, glass & brittle plastic audits, GMP and Food Safety/ HACCP/ Quality audits.
- Review and support with external pest control audits for site.
- Assisting with creating, updating and implementing of QMS, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Visual Guides, One Point Lessons (OPL’s) and QAS.
- Review & update site ‘Hold & Release’ system with Quality & Operations team.
- Training and support of QMS policies/ procedures.
- Participate and support within other Quality functions & activities, to include laboratory support.
The successful candidate will have:
- QA and / or food manufacturing background
- Understanding of Food Safety/ HACCP and GMP
- Hold key company values to include being passionate, inquisitive, take ownership, constantly strive to improve, and work collaboratively with their team and the wider business
This position is based on shifts during the working week with 1 in 4 weekend working.
Salary and Package
- Salary c. £25,000 - £28,000 (dependant on experience)
- Shifts during the work week with 1 in 4 weekend working
- Pension contributions, holidays, life assurance, an onsite occupational health service
- Free parking
To apply for this role, please contact Faith Eastwood at Silven on either 07399 824435, 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FE/9933.