Product & Specification Technologist
Job ref: 7951 | up to £35,000 | Leicestershire/Lincolnshire
You will be working with a high-end manufacturer which has experienced rapid growth over the last few years.
The business never comprises on quality and only chooses the best ingredients for their products which can be found in major UK retailers throughout the UK
Key tasks of the Product & Specification Technologist:
- Manage and maintain all product specifications.
- Provide the Sales teams with support with all product and technical enquiries.
- Manage raw material approval by leading and managing the approvals process (supplier, raw materials, contractors, suppliers of services, final products, and packaging).
- Manage the approval, trial and testing of all packaging.
- Manage the internal Quality Management System auditing programme.
- Customer complaint investigation, trending, and response.
- Maintain the allergen control and risk assessment for the site.
- Assist the Technical Manager with continuous improvement, customer and BRC projects.
Key skills and experience for the Product & Specification Technologist include:
- Strong technical experience within food or beverage manufacturing.
- Experience working with UK retailers.
- Working knowledge of QMS and food safety systems.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science or food technology subject.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- HACCP and Food Safety qualified (preferably a minimum of Level 3).
The Product & Specification Technologist job is based in the Leicestershire/Lincolnshire region and is paying up to £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Some flexibility will be required from time to time to support the business and other colleagues.
How to apply
To be considered for the Product & Specification Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs