The Business Development Team are responsible for the acquisition and retention of new clients for Ashbury. Through a combination of excellent customer service and the ability to get to the heart of what our clients want, the BD Team set our Advisory Services Team up for success by getting a clear brief and managing client expectations. We make the sales that drive the company forward and build the client relationships that allow it to keep growing year on year.
Responsible for management of the inflow of opportunities from potential new clients as well as generation and qualification of new business leads, qualifying them for new sales opportunities and nurturing them to realise new business.
On any given day you may be speaking to key industry figures about new product launches, working with our regulatory advisors to put together service proposals and quotations, or meeting your clients face-to-face to solve their problems. This is a highly varied job that requires the ability to be flexible, and open to new challenges.
- Develop and maintain a prospect pipeline and cold call potential customers to establish and secure new profitable opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships across a range of Key Clients, partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Identify key areas or opportunities for profitable growth
- Ensure Client queries and requests for new work are responded to in a timely manner
- Pitching Ashbury services to existing and new clients, quoting and closing the sale
- Ensure relevant systems are kept up to date
- Provide information for continuous improvement of quotation accuracy and process
- Work together with customers and internal teams to ensure that while customer satisfaction is maintained, and the needs of the business are fulfilled.
- Attend Trade Shows and Events to gain insight and new customers
Skill Set and Experience
- Sales and Customer Management Experience
- Selling Experience
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Numerate, logical and with good IT skills.
- A competitive nature
- In-depth Customer Service Experience
- Strong Administration Experience
- Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of food industry and/or regulatory services
- Project management experience
We are a trusted partner in protecting brands and their end-consumers around the world, through clear and accurate product information.
Creating trust: Consumers must be able to trust product information, in order to trust a brand. When our clients choose to work with us, they are trusting us with the reputation and the future of their brands.
By providing expertise: We are a highly versatile team of experts with a unique blend of manufacturing, retail, enforcement and commercial experience. Our clients rely on us to know every angle of the international product information sector, inside out.
Through collaboration: Our clients trust our expertise and choose to work with us as collaborative partners, to help them build successful brands. We work side by side with our clients to interpret and apply legal guidelines, enabling them to launch innovative products quickly and efficiently.
Our Teams are the physical face and representation of our Values to our customers; you are:
Welcoming: friendly, approachable and open to new ideas
Positive: create a positive experience for our people and our clients
Confident: act with integrity from a strong foundation of expertise
Simple: remove complexity and bring clarity