Are you looking for an opportunity to join a business that is currently undergoing some big changes and a project which will see them well into 2022? This could be the right opportunity for you!
Based in Kent, I am looking to speak with H&S Managers who have experience working within a stand alone role and welcome challenge.
The Health and Safety Systems Manager has responsibility for managing a team focused on developing a culture of excellence in safe and healthy. This team comprises both H&S and systems management. To ensure that all times we are fully complaint with all our legal responsibilities regarding H&S and to always maintain an audit ready culture. Management and development of externally certified systems (BRC and ISO45001). To be proactive throughout the business working with stakeholders to promote an interdependent safety culture.
- Management of our formal systems to ensure compliance with certified standards and continuous improvement is undertaken.
- Monitor existing and incoming legislation and regulations affecting all our systems (FSMS and OHS).
- Management of risk assessments, internal audit schedule, conducting audits and ensuring corrective actions are taking place.
- Engaging with members of staff on any hazards or potential hazards observed to eliminate potential injury or harm
- Management of the function’s resources including staff required to support the activities, audit costs, staff development costs.
- Providing support during external audits across BRC, OHS and COP’s to maintain the company’s status with customers and certifying companies.
- Ensuring the company is compliant with emergency procedures and evacuations
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are investigated with root cause identified to enable improvements to eliminate re-occurrence
- Keeping records of accidents/emergencies/near misses and critical situations for appropriate reviews
- Ensure staff are not exposed to hazardous substances including chemical, physical or biological
Monday - Friday (days)