Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Bishops Stortford
Attractive Package: + benefits
The Factory Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager oversees all aspects of factory quality related operational activities to ensure full compliance to standards and product safety. Management of the factory facing Process Controllers in all daily technical activities. Driving improvements in the factory identified through RCA, trend analysis, internal auditing and inspecting the site processes and controls.
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
- Drive technical compliance in all aspects of the factory as defined in the FSQM System.
- Manage product quality assurance and control to ensure all products produced on site are conforming to food safety, quality and legal standards and requirements.
- Lead compliance review meetings and report back on any emerging trends to ensure all areas of risk are captured.
- Development of a clear action plans driving excellence, this includes customer complaints, internal and external NCR linked to factory compliance, pest control and GMP audit results.
- Actively work alongside the Shift Production Managers and Maintenance Manager to ensure daily issues are managed, developing clear action plans while always focusing on driving compliance. Any identified risks are addressed in a timely manner and maintain effective communication channels with key stakeholders. Issues that cannot be resolved to be escalated with details of action and decision making to date.
- Create clear development plans for all PC’s providing leadership with clear direction to support succession planning and team engagement.
- To actively oversee all Critical Control Points (CCPs) are achieved, monitored, and checked daily to ensure food safety is maintained at all times.
- To manage and regularly carry out GMP audits with the PCs to ensure the standard of the auditing is high. Challenge the process striving for best practice requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Full Clean Driving Licence required for role.
- The role requires working within and around the factory environments, with movement to office environment on regular basis (walking, standing a lot and movement between ambient and cold environments as and when required).
- Strong technical background and proven experience in a factory facing Quality Manager role.
- Experience in leading and supervising a small team.
- Experience of working in a chilled food manufacturing environment is preferable.
- A strong understanding or BRC, HACCP and other food quality standards.
- Auditing experience both internal and external.
- Resilience, proactive and assertive, be capable of making sound judgments and decisions.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office, Excel & SAP.
- Good supervisory and leadership skills, be able to direct personnel and discipline fairly, even-handily, and consistently.
In return we can offer an exciting career within a growing business
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/250
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.