NPD Project Manager
Job ref: 7993 | Competitive salary | East Sussex
This role is working for a company that was founded on a set of principles and a vision to provide high quality, well-researched products.
The business is privately owned and has ambitious investment plans to develop their product range, therefore scope for progression is available for the right candidate.
As NPD Project Manager, you will be responsible for the product planning of the company brands, including NPD, EPD, forecasting and product information, working closely with Nutritionists, procurement and the brand teams, plus line management of the Product Coordinator.
- Contribute towards product strategy and vision, by managing the innovation process, presenting opportunities and gaps in the market.
- Recommend and plan new features and changes to existing products.
- Create timelines and roadmaps for developing products.
- Identify commercial price points for new products, set against competitor product benchmarks and market positioning.
- Lead the weekly NPD meetings and communicate key actions internally.
- Manage the creation of new or updated packaging artwork in line with agreed templates.
- Provide product forecast for buying team.
- Manage reporting on monthly project tracker, membership data, direct sales data and new product sales.
Key skills and experience for the NPD Project Manager include:
- Strong NPD track record within the food, beverage, pharmaceutical or similar industry.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly analytical and commercially minded - understand margins, profit etc.
- IT literate including Microsoft Excel.
- Good research & communication skills.
- Driving licence preferred due to location.
The NPD Project Manager job is based in East Sussex and is paying a competitive salary.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
The package includes workplace pension, staff discount, employee assistance scheme and 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to apply
To be considered for the NPD Project Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
NPD Manager | New Product Development Manager | Head of NPD | Head of Product Development | Senior NPD Technologist | NPD Supervisor | Senior Development Technologist | Food Product Development Jobs