Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, Arla Settle Creamery, North Yorkshire
Would you like to work for; The UK’s largest manufacturer of Dairy products?
A company that will help you to elevate your career as an engineer, giving you a breadth of experience across mechanical, electrical and automation?
A company that invests in state-of-the-art machinery so that our engineers can do their job to the highest possible standard and continue to learn?
A farmer owned co-operative, that puts ethics and sustainability at the heart of everything they do?
About the job
This is an opportunity for you to work at a site that’s just received £30 million worth of investment. You’ll be able to work with state of the art machinery. You’ll get involved in projects, creating real change. All while admiring the beautiful Yorkshire Dales scenery!
So what do our engineers actually do?
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing the machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products.
As a Multi- Skilled Engineer, you will save the day if there’s a breakdown as well as participating in planned preventative maintenance. Alongside your day to day, you’ll get involved in CI and project work. You’ll also play a key part in the on-going growth of a high performing site.
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role
- Strong experience as a multiskilled, preferably Electrical biased, engineer (shift engineer/ maintenance engineer/ engineering technician)
- Experience in mechanical and electrical engineering within Manufacturing, Production and Process environments
- HNc or apprentice trained or proven experience with fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ideally you will have experience with fast- moving machinery, pumps, valves, PLC’s (Siemens), Site Services (steam generation plant, chilled water systems, compressors, processes), CIP systems (chemical cleaning plant)
- Computer literate – SAP, Microsoft Office, SCADA, Trend systems, HMI’s
Things we’d love to tell you about our Settle site
- They have recently received 30 million euros worth of investment. This is the largest in our UK CapEx portfolio.
- They are now the proud producer of our Lactofree range!
- They are an ambitious bunch, and are always looking for ways to improve efficiency and enhance quality.
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
If you’re interested in a confidential chat please apply or reach out to Alex Tyrrell in the Arla TA team.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!