Asset Maintenance Manager
This is a Monday to Friday Days based position
Salary circa £50,000 - £60,000 DOE + 17% car allowance and excellent companywide benefits
Relocation support is available if required for the successful candidate
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Maintenance Manager at our Confectionery factory in York, North Yorkshire. This role is responsible for providing engineering leadership in the Factory, ensuring that all engineering activities enhance business objectives, product quality, plant operation and performance.
Nestlé York Factory is the home of the iconic confectionery brand Kit Kat amongst several other well-known brands such as Aero, Milky bar and Yorkie These are produced through controlled process plant and automated filling and packing lines.
A day in the life of...
Reporting into the Factory Engineering Manager this role will direct and support the activities of the maintenance team to meet both Production and Engineering demands and ensure that priority work is completed promptly whilst conforming to all Nestlé Health and Safety requirements and current legislation.
The focus of the role will be:
• Ensure the alignment of the engineering resources with Factory strategy and objectives
• Ensuring that Planned Maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the scheduled maintenance plan.
• Creating a disciplined and structured environment for Maintenance Activities where expectations of behaviour and performance are clearly defined and regularly reviewed.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting of a defined budget for annual maintenance
• Actively support the implementation of Asset Maintenance and TPM-PM to deliver Asset Intensity to meet business requirements and maximise performance in all areas, including health and safety, quality, wastage and efficiency via measurement and analysis.
• Analysing data/reviewing breakdowns that occur on the plant and implementing proactive actions/strategies to ensure they do not reoccur.
• Promoting a safety conscious working environment where all engineering employees adopt Nestlé Safe Working and hygienic engineering practices.
• Proactively carrying out Opportunity Maintenance on equipment that is not running.
• Leading, coaching and motivating, alongside developing a culture of pro-activity where people take pride and responsibility in what they do.
What will make you successful
In this role we are looking for a leader that has a proven background in leading technical teams.
• Ideally Degree / Diploma/ HNC in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, E&A, Process, Industrial Engineering or similar)
• Experience in a people management role within a food manufacturing industry/engineering environment.
• Have a proven ability to achieve targets, drive improvements and manage budgets.
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of factory operations and modern maintenance and management techniques, health and safety, employment, quality and hygiene legislation.
• SH&E and QM Policies (among others ISO 14001, OHSAS 1800)
• Understanding of electricity and automation, including manufacturing execution systems (MES) would be benfeicial
• Having a continuous improvement mind set.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this advert is 07/02/2022
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.
York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY