Job ref: 7962 | £23,000 - £24,000 | Somerset
This job is working for a very well-established and respected manufacturer that supplies to UK retailers and foodservice markets, as well as further food manufacturing.
Always at the forefront of product development and innovation, they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies.
Your role as QA Assistant will be to continually maintain and improve the food safety culture within the business.
- Assist with all aspects of Quality Assurance ensuring the production of safe, legal products and manufactured to the highest possible quality.
- Drive continuous improvement and promote a food safety culture within the business.
- Positive release of raw materials and finished products.
- Maintain the testing database.
- Deal with customer requests, including certificates, shelf-life extension and testing requirements.
- Carrying out testing to ensure finished products comply with specifications.
- Carrying out GMP, glass & plastic and internal audits.
Key skills and experience for the QA Assistant include:
- Familiar with food manufacturing quality assurance and food safety systems.
- Computer literate, able to collate and trend data.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally.
- Additional qualifications such as Food Safety, Food Hygiene, HACCP, Internal Auditing etc. are all highly desirable.
The QA Assistant job is based in Somerset and is paying £23,000 - £24,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the QA Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
QA Technician | QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Graduate Jobs