Bird Bros Eggs Ltd
Celebrating 50 years as glorious as our eggs! East Anglia's leading egg producer and supplier, processing more than 200 million eggs a year for our customers.
We're always looking for reliable, enthusiastic & dedicated people to add something special to our team of around 70 employees.
A vacancy has become available at our Packing Centre in Bedfordshire as;
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a progressive and well invested family company specialising in egg production and packing.
This role will include day-2-day planned preventative maintenance (PPM) to manufacturers programme and reactive maintenance of equipment used to pack high volumes of produce including egg packing machinery, pick & place robots and other production equipment.
- Carry out preventative, reactive and reliability related maintenance tasks
- Adopting a continuous improvement mentality
- Use of computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) for logging work
- Employing initiative and decision making for the benefit of safe production
- Assisting in the installation and commissioning of new machinery
- Actively promote our Health & Safety culture
- Be qualified to ONC, NVQ Level 3 or higher in an electrical or mechanical subject or a Nationally recognised apprenticeship in maintenance engineering with 3+ years experience
- Have a flexible attitude to changing workflows
- Be a self starter and self motivated
- Willing to work as part of a team or on your own
- Positive and can do attitude
- Strong interest in solving technical problems
- Good communication skills
- Be willing to work under pressure at times
- Our business has a strong continuous improvement culture- you should be willing to be part of this
- IOSH qualification desirable but not essential
The working week; Monday to Friday (7.30am - 4.30pm), overtime at enhanced rates
What we are offering;
- Salary: Dependent on experience and suitability for role.
- External training opportunities
- 29 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays.
- Free eggs each week!
- 'Auto enrolment' / Company pension scheme