Specifications Technologist (Contract)
Job ref: 7996 | £24,000 - £26,000 pro-rata | South Wales
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
Working as a key member of the NPD team, you will be responsible for creating and gaining approval on all finished product specifications and artwork within the business.
- Generate ingredient declarations for NPD product submissions, and translate information onto product passports, internal templates, or retailer format.
- Manage the artwork process by ensuring checks are completed and communicated to ensure key dates are achieved.
- Generation of pack copy information for the creation of artwork.
- Maintain the company’s own finished product specifications and retailer systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date.
- In conjunction with the Technologist, ensure that samples are sent in a timely fashion for nutritional, cook verification, and shelf-life analysis.
- Assist with NPD / technical documentation that may be required as part of the overall NPD process.
- Ensure all information is presented in an accurate and professional manner and ensure that all information meets the legality and compliance guidelines.
Key skills and experience for the Specifications Technologist include:
- Experience in food/beverage manufacturing within a technical/specifications related role.
- Working knowledge of retailer technical systems such as FIND, Hive, Wave, APP, WPP, TQC etc.
- BSc or equivalent in Food Science, Food Technology or related preferred.
- Ideally have completed Legal Labels/artwork training
- IT literate, high attention to detail and numerate.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in South Wales and is paying £24,000 - £26,000 pro-rata according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours.
This is a maternity cover contract position, with a duration of approximately 9-12 months.
How to apply
To be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs