Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, Arla Aylesbury Dairy
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest manufacturer of Dairy products?
As an Arla Engineer, you will make sure that the nation get Cravendale milk in their tea each morning, Skyr yoghurt in their breakfast bowl, and Anchor butter on their toast.
This is an exciting opportunity. You’ll get the chance to work at our state of the art flagship dairy in Aylesbury. Built in 2010, covering 76 acres, 100% carbon neutral dairy is the very first of its kind in the world! It plays a big part in helping Arla to #feedthenation, producing a staggering 1 billion litres of milk per year.
So what do our engineers actually do?
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing the machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products.
As a Multi- Skilled Engineer, you will combine your knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles to support the delivery of our successful Dairy Production Facility. Working as part of a high performing team, you will focus on the preventative maintenance and optimisation of all site equipment and processes.
What will the role will involve?
- Performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all dairy process and packaging equipment; actively maintaining a detailed PPM system and ensure its compliance in a flexible and efficient manner. You will be part of a high performing team embracing a shared knowledge culture.
- Developing continuous improvement teams and leading/facilitating these through a number of lean manufacturing areas to deliver improvements across the Dairy.
- Delivering planned engineering maintenance across all production lines & process areas, continuous improvement facilitation of cross-functional teams, using a combination of tools & techniques such as TPM, RCM, FMEA, 5'S and Kaizen events.
- Identification and implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to OEE, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role?
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Multi Skilled engineer is essential
- Experience or demonstrable appreciation of FMCG (desirable) engineering and maintenance.
- You will be qualified to ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- You will be a strong communicator, be confident when dealing with people at all levels and have the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
The successful candidate will work a 42 hour week on a rotating shift pattern, so flexibility is a key requirement of this role. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
• We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
• We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
• We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
• We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Want to apply?
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Arla family.
Please apply via this advert or our careers page.
If you have a question about the role, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org