Planning & Operations Assistant
Job ref: 7948 | £21,000 - £23,000 | East Sussex
The role is working for a highly successful manufacturer which is dedicated to producing the highest quality and natural products, which are supplied to customers all over the UK.
The purpose of your role as Planning & Operations Assistant is to support the Supply Chain Manager and Technical Operations Manager with production planning, procurement, and supply chain.
This is a new role due to the growth and ongoing success of the business. A new stock system is being implemented imminently, and this role will be heavily involved in a smooth transition to the new software.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to monitor stock levels and plan production, ensuring strong stock levels across all product lines.
- Schedule production jobs into demand plan and scheduling systems.
- Assist with ordering materials, packaging, stock, and other items. This includes raising purchase orders, ordering goods, booking transport, and loading goods into the relevant systems.
- Keep all systems and databases up to date to ensure stock and purchase order information is accurate.
- Update website stock figures daily.
- Assist with transporting stock to and from third-party warehouses and logistics providers using relevant systems.
Key skills and experience for the Planning & Operations Assistant include:
- Ideally have a background in a supply chain, planning, or stock control role, most preferably from food manufacturing or other FMCG.
- Strong administrative experience and IT literate.
- Experience using inventory management software is highly desirable, although training can be provided, so it is essential you can learn new systems with ease.
- Comfortable using the Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Highly organised, adaptable, and able to multi-task.
- Own transport is essential due to site location.
The Planning & Operations Assistant job is based in East Sussex and is paying £21,000 - £23,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Planning & Operations Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Production Planning Assistant | Supply Chain Assistant | Supply Chain Planner | Stock Controller | Assistant Production Planner| Food Supply Chain Jobs | Food Production Planning Jobs