Production Shift Leader
Job ref: 7967 | £28,000 | Staffordshire
This role is working for a well-established, family-owned business that is recognised as one of the UK’s leading processors within their product field.
The company is dedicated to product quality, using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques to produce a fantastic range of award-winning products. Due to their ongoing success, the company is expanding and therefore, this is an excellent time to join the business.
Due to company growth, the business is looking to strengthen its production team to meet the increased demand.
The purpose of your role as Production Shift Leader is to lead and manage all daily aspects of the production facility.
- Maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping through GMP to ensure that customer and audit requirements are met.
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements to ensure short and long term targets are met.
- Coach, develop and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement whilst creating a multi-skilled workforce.
- Manage performance and attendance of the team including first level disciplinary, performance review and absence management.
- Ensure the delivery of KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities.
Key skills and experience for the Production Shift Leader include:
- Experience in a Production Supervisor, Team Leader, Manager or similar role within food or beverage manufacturing is essential.
- Knowledge of production planning processes.
- Knowledge of food safety standards and ability to perform basic quality inspections.
- Experience working with and reporting on production KPI's.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques is highly desirable.
The Production Shift Leader job is based in Staffordshire and is paying £28,000.
The package includes private healthcare after 1 year of service, free products, and free parking.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 6.30 am - 3 pm and 2.30 pm - 11 pm, rotating weekly.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production Shift Leader job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Production Supervisor | Production Team Leader | Production Line Leader | Assistant Production Manager | Production Shift Supervisor | Food Industry Production Jobs