The Quality Assurance department ensures the quality and safety of all Lidl GB’s own brand products, through a structured programme of testing, auditing and compliance.
This role is responsible for coordinating and assuring the quality controls for fresh fish and processed fish through supporting the purchasing department, carrying out quality checks at our Regional Distribution Centres, accompanying the buyer on supplier visits and maintaining product specifications.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
**Please note as per Lidl internal structures the job title for this role is an Administrator**
What you'll do
- Full responsibility for fish quality control
- Working with Buyers to create new and develop existing fish product specifications to meet the Buyer brief
- Accompanying the Buying team on supplier visits
- Preparation of comprehensive written and photographic quality standards for fish and fish products
- Updating suppliers on quality aspects of sample products as a part of the product development process
- Ensuring supplier compliance with agreed fish and fish product specifications
- Completing fish product quality checks at Lidl Regional Distribution Centres for compliance against agreed specifications
- Strictly adhering to processes and procedures to ensure quality compliance at all times
- Liaising with other Head Office departments as well as external departments
- Creating reports for UK and our International Head Office
- Assisting in the implementation of processes, including monitoring, evaluation, documentation and communication of results in accordance with internal QA regulations
- Performing additional ad hoc tasks as part of the Quality Assurance Team
What you'll need
- Passionate about fresh fish quality control, with a desire to learn and develop the product category
- Knowledge of the quality and cut of the fresh fish and fish industry desired
- Previous experience working with fresh fish quality standards for UK retail supply is beneficial but not essential
- Working as part of a buying and QA team whilst also working independently to drive innovative projects within the fish category
- Analytically minded, pragmatic and highly professional
- Keen eye for detail
- Organised with strong time management skills
- Strong multi tasker who enjoys working to schedules and deadlines
- Good understanding of Microsoft office Word and Excel
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present Quality Development results to buyers
- A clean UK driving license is essential
- Role will involve some travel within the UK, overnight stays will be necessary
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 to £30,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.