Food Safety Specialist
Job ref: 7971 | £40,000 - £48,000 + Excellent Benefits | Gloucestershire (Hybrid Working)
The business provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food and beverage industry worldwide.
The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise, and knowledge.
The purpose of your role as Food Safety Specialist is to manage and deliver food safety training both face to face at the company office and virtually.
- Take a lead in designing, delivering, and promoting the food safety training offering to businesses operating in the food and drink supply chain.
- Develop and implement business development strategies leading to the preparation of client proposals that results in contracts, training, and research in the Food Safety Management area.
- Respond to direct technical enquiries using own expertise and information retrieved from relevant sources.
- Identify synergies with other operating teams in the business to assure the evolution of the food safety management activity beyond systems related work.
Key skills and experience for the Food Safety Specialist include:
- Strong quality assurance/technical track record in food and/or drink manufacturing.
- Experience of working in a HACCP team and experience of working with commercial and customer standards, for example, BRCGS, FSSC22000.
- Trained to an advanced level in auditing and food safety management is essential.
- Completion of ‘Train the Trainer’ course or similar would be advantageous.
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good business relationships and to develop new business
- Full UK valid driving licence and eligible to work and travel in the EU.
The Food Safety Specialist job is based in Gloucestershire and is paying £40,000 - £48,000 according to your experience.
This can be a hybrid role working from both at home and the company office as required.
The package includes 24 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays) holiday buying/selling scheme, company pension, ongoing training and development support, a permanent health scheme, onsite parking, and a subsidised restaurant.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours.
How to apply
To be considered for the Food Safety Specialist job, please click the Apply button.
This company are looking to fill this position urgently, therefore if you would like to be considered, then please apply ASAP.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Food Safety Manager | Food Safety Trainer | Food Safety Auditor | Food Technical Manager | Food Auditor | Food Manufacturing Auditor | Food Safety Trainer