Atkins and Potts are a family-owned, premium BRC accredited food producer. We make ambient sauces, condiments and dressings.
This role is full-time permanent working Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 4:00 pm. It is at our factory in Ball Hill Newbury RG20 0PW. Please make sure you have transport to our site as there is no usable public transport. We are planning to move the factory into Newbury town during late 2022
The successful applicant needs to be able to work on their own initiative and manage workload after initial training. This would suit somebody who is self-motivated, very organised and has great attention to detail.
The candidate will be experienced in working in a food sector technical role, including creating labels and finished product specifications and training colleagues in policies and procedures. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required, along with problem-solving experience.
Food sector and food safety experience is an advantage. We will provide training and professional development support.
1. To ensure compliance with UK legislation and customer codes of practices. This includes monitoring our approved sources of information, ensuring we respond appropriately to issues impacting our business, and developing and implementing new policies and procedures as required.
2. To manage our current programme of food safety staff training; develop new training materials as required; and to deliver training as required [supported by the wider Production team and external providers].
3. Record and trend all non-conformities and customer complaints and report them to the Site Manager or MD. Then investigate root causes, develop and implement corrective and preventative actions.
4. Maintain a product shelf-life testing and documentation process.
5. Create labels for new products and update existing database.
6. Manage Supplier and Ingredient/Packaging Specification checking and approval process and records maintenance.
7. Update finished product specification files [including completing Customer required submissions on specialist portals].
8. Maintain the Quality Management System Manual of policies and procedures to ensure we comply with BRC v8/v9. This will be supported by our External Technical Consultant.
9. Ensure our QA calendar is maintained and all tasks actioned by the assigned individuals.
10. Maintain our allergen control policy and practices.
11. Prepare, and provide administrative support, for HACCP and Quality meetings and annual reviews.
12. Project manage [with the support of our external Technical Consultant] our annual BRC Accreditation preparation and audit.
13. Manage any Customer specific audits required.
14. HACCP team member
15. Undertake tasks on the QA calendar as agreed with Management