Atkins and Potts are a family-owned, premium BRC accredited food producer. We make ambient sauces, condiments and dressings.
This role is full-time permanent working Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 4:00 pm. It is at our factory in Ball Hill Newbury RG20 0PW. Please make sure you have transport to our site as there is no usable public transport. We are planning to move the factory into Newbury town during late 2022
The successful applicant needs to be able to work on their own initiative and manage workload after initial training. This would suit somebody who is self-motivated, very organised and has great attention to detail.
The candidate will be experienced in working in a quality assurance role, including experience undertaking internal audits and policy and procedure training. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required, along with problem-solving experience.
Food sector and food safety experience is an advantage. We will provide training and professional development support.
1. Support the Technical Assistant with food safety training [some topics to be delegated to this role].
2. Manage the internal audit and inspection schedules and ensure all audits are completed with actions closed out.
3. Record all audit non-conformities and customer complaints and report them to the Site Manager or MD, investigate as required and check that preventative actions have been effective.
4. Check laboratory micro results and raise any issues with management.
5. Support the maintenance of our allergen control policy and practices.
6. As required attend regular HACCP and Quality meetings and reviews. Prepare briefing papers.
7. On a daily / weekly / monthly basis:
- Spot check finished products – product and labelling quality check;
- Ensure our sample library is maintained;
- Ensure samples are sent for micro testing;
- Maintain the production log maintained and ensure recipes are updated if required;
- Raise and address production issues;
- Conduct and action outcomes of a weekly product tasting review;
- Provide support to the technical for incubator trials;
- Manage the plant and product swab and micro/allergen testing programme;
- Other food safety and health & safety tasks as outlined on our QA Calendar.