Food Production Manager
We are recruiting for Food Production Manager to lead our busy team based in Southfleet in Kent. The operation consists of weighing and packing various food items from the country’s favourite restaurant brands and then picking and packing them into boxes or bags for despatch. There is also an element of cooking/preparation to oversee. You will be the lead operational role and must have experience and competence associated with running a small manufacturing business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that health and safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Play a key role in promoting health and safety awareness on site. Drive uptake and completion of near misses by ops as well as managers.
- Work closely with the planning and supply chain team to ensure resources are available to meet order requirements whilst effectively managing costs.
- Lead the continuous improvement agenda in all areas of the manufacturing operation to challenge cost, service (OTIF) and quality standards.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team and understood.
- Recruit, build and train high performing team as well as define and monitor budgets, set targets and define clear career progression opportunities for staff within the team.
- Develop and maintain a quality culture to ensure quality and technical standards are understood and embraced by the operational team.
- Appropriately manage the performance of all team members and undertake weekly 1-1’s with supervisors.
- Plan, organise and measure labour requirements to ensure agreed targets are met. Control cost of production and overheads
- Maintain absenteeism levels within your department at or below 3%.
- Appraise and regularly review direct reports to ensure individual and company objectives are achieved.
- Coach and develop your team to ensure business succession plans and individual career aspirations are met.
- Ensure that any documented non-conformances relating to product safety, quality and legality are investigated and corrective action put in place as appropriate and within a week of receipt.
- Supporting with the delivery of key departmental KPI’s.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience gained within a similar role in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward-thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility and problem-solving.
- Budgetary/ financial awareness.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership skills, keen to develop, educate and drive change from within.
- Lean competency and or Lean project experience.
- Food Safety Level 3.Food Production Manager