Innovation & Development Technologist
Job ref: 8002
£21,000 - £23,000
6 Month Contract
We are seeking a talented individual to work for an international, blue-chip company that manufacture and supply their own recognised branded products to major UK retailers.
Throughout the years their products have shaped fascinating markets and continually delighted consumers through quality and innovation.
The purpose of your role as Innovation & Development Technologist is to support the Innovation and Development Team in preparing recipes and concept samples for new product launches.
- Prepare samples for internal evaluation, customer appraisal and sensory testing, ensuring quality standards are always met.
- Arrange couriers & package samples for delivery to customers.
- Support the development of new cooking instructions and test in line with company NPD procedures.
- Assist the Technologists in production trials with collating data, taking photographs/videos and conducting product breakdowns for post-trial review.
- Organise competitor benchmarking sessions and product breakdowns including shopping, coordinating panels, maintaining notes and collating results.
- Participate in supplier innovation days.
Key skills and experience for the Innovation & Development Technologist include:
- Educated to a degree/HND level in a food science related discipline or possess relevant food development experience.
- Strong enthusiasm to learn food product development processes and be involved in the creation of new concepts.
- Good data interpretation and analysis skills.
- High attention to detail and well organised.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
The Innovation & Development Technologist job is based in Lancashire and is paying £21,000 - £23,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm.
This role is a fixed-term contract with a duration of 6 months.
How to apply
To be considered for the Innovation & Development Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
NPD Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Technologist | Food Product Developer | NPD Assistant | Innovation Technologist | Food Science Graduate Jobs | Food NPD Jobs