Compliance and Specification Manager
£35,000 to £38,000 Pro rata
Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for the management of all finished product and raw material specifications and the maintenance of the supplier approval system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain and manage all current specifications (both raw material and finished product) and to maintain the supplier approval system.
- To query potential issues with suppliers and ensure brand integrity is maintained and provide assistance on consumer enquiries relating to ingredient/recipe information
- To work with the purchasing department to ensure all suppliers/raw materials are approved and conform to company Food requirements.
- Advise and liaise with the Marketing Department on legal, nutrition and labelling matters to assist in the development of the key brands.
- Generation and approval of pack copy information for the creation of artwork, and managing the artwork sign off process to ensure that all packs are legal in the country sold
- Ensure that knowledge on legislation and legal requirements is kept up to date through available subscriptions.
- Create a legally compliant ingredients declaration using the data provided in the raw material specifications and recipes.
- Identify and advise on any labelling non-conformances and changes required to existing packs.
- Ensure all information is presented in an accurate and professional manner and ensure that all information presented meets the required brand guidelines
- Maintain all aspects of the finished product information database with new product information and changes to existing product (ingredients, packaging).
- Support with artwork sign off
- Support with creating factory quality standards & customer Quality Assessment Sheets
Skills and Qualifications
- A formal food related qualification – HNC/HND/Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Qualifications – HACCP Level 3 (essential), Food Safety Level 3 (desirable)
- Food industry experience essential – at least 2 years as a specification technologist
- Experience and knowledge of BRC and participating in audits
- High level of numerical, statistical and presentation skills with an ability to analyse and interpret data
For further information please call Lesa Lynch on 02082031000 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org