Our client, a leading international meat processor, is looking to appoint a Technical Manager for their site based in Bristol. The successful candidate will ensure site compliance with all requirements, ensuring the Technical Team understand their roles and responsibilities whilst maintaining positive relationships with suppliers and customers.
Reporting to the Site Director, responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining proactive, positive relationships with suppliers and customers and to be an ambassador for technical within the site Leadership Team, ensuring site compliance with all customer and authority requirements
- Ensuring all aspects of food quality, safety and assurance are measurably maintained to best standards via system audits and improvements
- Encouraging root cause analysis to ensure robust corrective actions are found, ensuring that the site adopts a consistent audit ready standard
- Leading the Technical Department as a service department, supporting operations to deliver against site KPI's
- Delivering a proactive approach to quality, using all feedback types including trending complaints, rejections, production panels, customer feedback and manufacturing inefficiencies to lead a robust, documented site quality improvement plan
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience in a Technical Leadership role within the meat or poultry industry, including previous responsibility for an abattoir
- Microbiological understanding
- Knowledge of Agricultural Welfare standards
- Ideally Animal Welfare Officer training
- Understanding of Major Retailer requirements and Codes of Practice
- HACCP level 3 (aspirational level 4)
- Food Safety level 4
- Lead Auditor ISO (9000 or 22000)
- Ideally Leadership Training Qualifications
- TACCP / VACCP knowledge and experience
- One of the UK’s leading food processors
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- The company continues to grow a sustainable business through strategic investment to deliver the quality and added value they know their consumers want
- Safety is not just a priority but a condition. The company is committed to people, safety, sustainability and quality as the foundations of their forward-looking business.
The role will be site based working Monday to Friday, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The role commands a highly competitive salary and will involve travel to other sites so you must have a full driving licence.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4599 with an updated CV and an indication of your salary requirements.