One of the leading food producers in the UK, our client manufactures a range of produces including many well-known, branded products.
A driven development technologist is required to be a key member of the team, providing high quality food products to the UK's leading retailers. The successful candidate will develop innovative solutions to their key customers, improve existing products and processes as well as keeping a keen eye of costs and quality.
- Developing products both internal and external customers, you’ll be part of the team that pride themselves on delivering market leading products and concepts
- Using the gate process to develop products from initial concept to product launch
- You will develop an excellent understanding of the marketplace and food trends and use this knowledge to influence NPD activity
- Source, co-ordinate and maintain adequate supplies or raw materials, work with suppliers, make samples and support factory trials
- Provide ingredient information and technical data for specifications, costings and labels as needed
- Graduate in food science or a related discipline or other food science/technology qualifications, ideally with a food hygiene qualification
- 1-3 years food manufacturing, product research & development experience
- Experience (or knowledge) of thermal processing techniques
- A driven and enthusiastic learner, able to thrive in a fast-paced workplace
- Creative and passionate foodie, with an understanding of current food trends
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic cross functional environment
- Flexible and problem solving, with analytical thought processes
- A can-do attitude, effective time and project management skills
- Great communication skills
- Be able to work across levels with confidence and authority
Ref Code: FMW40176
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.