A fantastic, British award winning client has an opportunity for a Product Developer!
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced working environment. Working with the likes of dairy, meat, vegan, pasta and more! This is a stand alone NPD role, you will gain more experience, responsibility and exposure to high end retailers and brands.
• End-to-end New Product Development
• Responsibility passes to the Production Manager once the factory team are trained on the agreed production process.
• Managing time and resources, are vital. You will need to be able to prioritise your activity and to be able to achieve customer sample presentation and launch deadlines.
• Facilitating changes to current factory ingredients, for food safety, production efficiency or commercial improvement.
• Understand and implement section 5.1 of the BRC Standard relating to New Product Development process and to adhere to processes documented in the Quality Manual.
• Attend scheduled development meetings with the Technical, Production and Purchasing departments to gain HACCP approval for any new ingredients, suppliers, or processes required by the development process.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of our quality standards & documentation through QAS records.
• Become involved in any other projects as deemed necessary by your line manager
• minimum a-level standard, numerate, Excel literate
• at least 1 year in similar role
• office based so needs to live in London, but able to travel regularly to factory site (Evesham, Worcestershire)
• Food factory experience
• Detailed, precise, methodical, organised & tidy
• self-sufficient, self-motivated
• Good palette
• In touch with current food (esp. Restaurant) trends
• Travel expenses covered
• 28 days holiday
• Possibility of WFH