Arla Westbury Dairy Plant, Wiltshire
High Level Package (Strong Base Salary, Bonus Scheme, Double Figure Pension, Healthcare and more)
Who are Arla Foods?
- We are the UK’s largest dairy company and one of the biggest globally
- We are a farmer owned cooperative
- We are the creator of household brands such as Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak®, Castello®, and many more of your favourites!
Arla Westbury Dairy!
- Well invested 24/7 365 Dairy site producing our Butter, Spreads (c.90 mkg per year) and Powder (c.60mkg per year)
- Site headcount c.250
- Site producing favourite brands including Anchor®
What will the role look like?
- You will lead the Engineering Team, ensuring day to day delivery across both reactive and preventative maintenance.
- You will take a people- centric, development- focused approach to managing your team of circa 30 including Engineering, Team Leaders, Automation Specialists etc.
- As part of the Site Leadership Team, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of strategic initiatives.
- You will lead on/ delegate the leadership of Continuous Improvement projects, using a combination of tools and techniques such as TPM, RCM, FMEA, 5’s and Kaizen events in order to achieve world class standards.
- You will lead all site maintenance activities and your Projects team will lead small CAPEX projects and support execution of large investments.
- Applying LEAN principles will be core to your operational approach and you will ensure through process confirmation adherence to processes and procedures.
- You will be a member of the Senior Management Team on site reporting to the Site Director. You will help shape site policies and procedures and ensure their implementation. You will also represent Westbury in various forums across the Arla organisation.
What do I need?
- A robust understanding of engineering within an automated fast moving manufacturing environment
- Proven Lean and CI background
- Strong leadership experience with a focus on people development having managed a team of a similar size c. 30 Engineers
- An appetite for creating positive change, and experience in culture-led change management
- An understanding of the necessary building blocks needed to move from a reactive to a autonomous/ preventative- led maintenance culture.
- We are looking for someone who gets the best out of others, who will lead, coach, motivate and inspire people to perform on a day-to-day basis, create objective based dialogue
- We are looking for someone who would not be phased by short term priority changes and will thrive on Scenario Planning and Problem Solving as part of your day to day activities
- Analytical, visionary and able to create and execute a roadmap (3 - 5 years)
- Ability to bring production and engineering together as ONE Team