As an Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist you will work as part of our Quality, Environment, Health & Safety (QEHS) team. You will act as the site’s conscience, whilst striking the perfect balance across safety and commerciality.
This is an exciting role. You’ll have the opportunity to work at a site that has just received over £30 million worth of investment. You’ll get to implement process, and influence change. You will be integral to the site CI agenda, consulting on projects and engaging with cross functional colleagues.
What will you do in your new role?
You will play an integral role in driving the EHS culture at site, creating positive relationships with colleagues across different functions. You’ll use your data analysis skills to recognise trends and implement improvement opportunities. You’ll be able to share your knowledge, coaching colleagues and empowering them to operate sustainably and safely. You’ll act as the sole representative of site with the EA. You’ll work closely with the wider team, supporting on a range of QEHS related initiatives. You’ll become part of a well- established global team, sharing your own knowledge and continually learning.
What you’ll need to be a successful in the role
- Robust experience of Health & Safety issues within a manufacturing environment. Preferably with a good knowledge of environmental management systems
- The ability create genuine and productive relationships
- Relevant qualifications and up to date knowledge across either Environmental or Health & Safety
- Strong IT skills
- A strong sense of professional integrity and a passion for what you do
Things we’d love to tell you about Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.