About the Company
As a fast-growing premium manufacturer of delicious, sweet products for the retail and food service market, our client is looking for a Junior Production Manager to join them at their state-of-the-art BRC grade A site.
About the Role
Reporting to the Production Manager, this role would suit someone with previous Production Planning and/ or HR experience, looking to take the next step in their career. Shadowing for the first 3-6 months, you will bring your keen curiosity and hands on approach to learning the full Production planning function, creating, and implementing production plans whilst leading and managing senior staff members.
Leading a team of Shift & Team Leaders to meet daily production plans.
Coordinating role in recruitment process
Working closely with the Production Manager, Shift & Team Leaders, Technical Team and other departments as necessary.
- Deputize for the Production Manager as and when required and during holidays and other absences
- Leading the team of Leaders and operatives in daily activities
- Produce 6 weeks running production plan
- Manage agreed staff levels to achieve production plans
- Coordinating role in recruitment process. Manage interview & induction processes across Team leaders, Technical and HR teams.
- Cover HR related issues including investigations, disciplinary, grievance handling as well as absence management
- Monthly payroll inputs and internal communication
- Adhere to company policies relating to Health and Safety when reporting accidents or near miss incidents and have a general awareness for H&S in the workplace
- Comply with company policies and procedures and participate in any training offered throughout your employment
- 2 years proven experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in managing the HR process (grievances, recruitment, holiday etc)
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management
- Ability to work across departments
Shift patterns for the first three to six months of will mirror the Production Managers schedule, working 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
These will then progress to 11am – 7pm / 12pm – 8pm Monday to Friday.
Ref Code: FM40238
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Danielle to Danielle.Nicolas@cparecruitment.com or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.