Packaging Technologist – Gu Puds
Salary – Competitive
Location – Bishop’s Stortford
Fixed Term Contract with potential to develop into a permanent position
This role provides expertise and guidance on all packaging issues within the business – guided by the Senior Packaging Technologist when applicable.
- Responsible for the choice of packaging types appropriate to meet the needs of the business – guided by Senior Packaging Technologist and CI Manager.
- Responsible for the development of all packaging operations for the line 2 project from defining the specification through to delivery as a key member of project team to ensure all packaging is delivered on time for launches.
- Lead on briefing any new tooling requirements to deliver new packaging recommendations.
- Ensuring all packaging is appropriate and meets all legal, regulatory, environmental, social responsibility and business needs in each of the markets that we operate in as guided by the Senior Packaging Technologist.
- Work with buyer to ensure most cost-effective methods are in place whilst maintaining a high quality branded product e.g. cheaper plastics, less cardboard, etc.
- Interacting with the entire operating site, but more specifically with Marketing and Operations to ensure smooth and improved running of the production line. Champion packaging machine efficiencies for the new line.
- Develop and maintain a ‘packaging exceptions program’ to ensure feedback to suppliers can be made when packaging quality issues occur and be resolved quickly.
- Full Clean Driving Licence required for role
- Negotiation and control of packaging costs (anything from art-work, packaging, film etc.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent). With a degree in packaging or packaging design would be advantageous. Or other relevant subjects i.e. materials science, food technology, nutrition, physics or chemistry; and
- Proven experience in the food industry in a packaging role. Relevant work experience in product development, manufacturing, process, or quality control work is also extremely valuable.
- Must have a good understanding and experience of food processing operations, ideally gained experience in a chilled manufacturing environment.
- Excellent IT skills and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Be tenacious, confident, have high motivation and determination.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven and creative environment.
- Be energetic and passionate about Gü – possess or have the ability to develop in-depth knowledge about our products and markets.
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/255.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.