Product Launch Technologist – Gu Puds
Salary – Competitive
Location – Bishop’s Stortford
Fixed Term Contract with potential to develop into a permanent position
Working on a new project to actively support the new product development and transfer of products to the new production line.
Working in partnership with the CI Team, Technical NPD/Factory teams and Marketing teams covering all aspects of trial process from planning trials, conducting and documenting through to full product launch and handing over to the operational teams including training.
- To take product from concept to launch (Gate 1 to Gate 3).
- To own projects, developing the product, controlling the launch path and ensuring products are stopped if they are likely to be unsuccessful.
- Interact with the NPD team on upcoming new launches and track progress.
- Check and approve pack copy specs once the final recipe is available.
- Design check and approve factory paperwork alongside the Technical department and ensure it is fit for purpose (i.e. QAS sheets, recipe mix sheets, QC control/traceability), tracking all necessary food safety and legality issues. Request modification where required.
- Develop new processes where required, to improve efficiency and quality – actively support the CI team.
- Interact with suppliers on quality issues and improve GU Indulgent Desserts final product.
- Research and implement current consumer markets and latest technologies on manufacturing, quality control, and consistency.
- Assist in the development of the HACCP system.
- Be part of the taste panel process, checking quality of products regularly.
- Full Clean Driving Licence required for role
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology Degree/HND, combined with a minimum of 4 years product & process development experience.
- Relevant food manufacturing knowledge/experience with proven exposure to working with chilled food products being advantageous.
- Demonstrated extensive practical factory or product development experience.
- Experience gained within a technical department of a food manufacturer in the same or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills with the visible passion and enthusiasm for delivering product innovation and development.
- Ability to demonstrate good IT skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Professional with clear and concise communication skills.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm and passion for the brand.
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/254.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.