About the Company
Our client is a well-loved food manufacturer specialising in various bespoke white label and own brand products.
About the Role
My client is looking for an experienced and responsible food production Weekend Shift Supervisor/ Team Leader to manage the smooth running of plant operations at their farm-based production site in Devon. Reporting to the Production Manager, this is a new position for the business, where you will be leading and growing a team, whilst also ensuring company Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality standards are maintained and excelled.
- Opening & closing factory on a Saturday & Sunday – completing all factory checks, closing checks, locking up & securing building and site
- Organise teams – ensure all staff are directed to the relevant areas and are aware of the schedule for the day; check/ report absences and relocate staff to cover tasks that require additional resource
- Daily checking & understanding of the production schedule
- Liaise with Day Shift Floor Manager for weekly Shift planning
- Working in production areas as required, troubleshooting in all departments
- Completing, signing off & Filing Daily Check Sheets
- Assisting with complaint investigations – taking action as required
- Providing QA Support to the team on a Saturday & Sunday
- Fridge & freezer monitoring; software checks
- Ensure end of shift report is completed and emailed
- Regular fabrication checks, reporting maintenance issues to the Maintenance Manager through company process
- Identifying production improvements (process, new equipment etc) and reporting to Production Manager
- Advising Production Manager of adjustments to new or existing recipes
- External Audit prep: assisting Production Manager/Technical in ensuring that production is prepped for any audits
- First aider
- Fire warden
- Managing staff absence, identifying additional staffing needs (agency, or recruitment) and
- requesting via Production Manager
- Tracking & Logging staff hours; overtime, agency staff hours, casual staff hours
- Staff training; working with Production Manager, providing in house support and training where appropriate and maintaining training records
- Identifying and encouraging staff development to improve teams and ensure cross functional skills and support across departments
- Annual staff reviews; working closely with the Production Manager preparing and holding annual staff reviews
- Managing personnel issues and escalating when required to Production Manager/HR
** The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Ideally you will have food manufacturing experience OR kitchen experience with proven leadership qualities.
- You will be a hands-on people manager, ready to get stuck in wherever you are needed to bring your team up to speed.
- You will have Passion for delivering good quality and service.
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in managing the HR process (grievances, recruitment, holiday etc)
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management
Friday 8pm – 8am
Saturday 7pm – 7am
Sunday 7pm - 7am
**To complete full training and gain understanding across the business, you will be required to work the day shift for the first 6 – 8 weeks (7am – 4pm).
Ref Code: W40192
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.