About the Company
Product leaders in their sector, this chilled food business manufacture a range of own label products for retail, food service and export markets. This is a modern thinking highly innovative business with excellent growth and a strong commitment to quality.
About the Role
- Working as part of the wider business Senior Leadership Team but directly managing all aspects of the production facility operating across a 24-hour 7-day week with circa 60 staff and 7 direct reports.
- Improving efficiencies and reducing overhead costs through implementation of standard operating procedures and instilling a culture of continuous improvement.
- Setting departmental budgets and KPI’s in line with business forecasts and objectives.
- Project management of new machinery installation and commissioning.
- Ensuring that production and cross function departments are compliant with both quality and health and safety standards and that an audit ready culture is driven at all levels of the business.
- Structuring staff training and development in line with department and business needs.
- Procurement and stock control of raw ingredients and materials, ensuring that costs saving initiatives are implemented where required.
- Management of internal and external contractor maintenance functions within the production departments.
- Implementation of work on request systems and preventative maintenance planning.
- Management of research and development functions and NPD trials / product development.
- Have great people skills / motivating / winning the team / taking them with you.
- Show hard evidence of getting results / achieving challenging KPI’s.
- Used to a quick and agile manufacturing environment.
- Creative innovative thinker who can demonstrate use of own initiative.
- Have a good commercial outlook and general business understanding.
2-week rotating shifts from Monday – Friday
6am – 2pm or 2pm – 10pm
Ref Code: FM40113
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Danielle to Danielle.Nicolas@cparecruitment.com or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.