£26,000 - £28,000
Job ref: 8018
We are seeking a talented individual to join a high-quality manufacturer which supplies to retailers, caterers and direct. You will join a friendly and supportive team and work in a BRC accredited, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The purpose of your role as Technical Coordinator is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company are safe, legal, and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Support production in understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in accordance with company procedures and BRCGS standards.
- Assist in maintaining the company’s BRCGS accreditation and maintenance of the quality manual.
- Check the quality of manufactured products and ensure package integrity.
- Conduct various internal audits including foreign body, GMP, and glass and hard plastic.
- Work in the lab when required to sample products and water supply, scoring them against agreed quality standards.
- Audit the operational areas Critical Control Points.
- Assessment of raw materials, work in progress and finished products against agreed specifications and quality standards.
- Providing technical input into product development to assure product quality, safety and legality.
- Help prepare for BRC and customer audits, providing technical expertise during these audits as required.
Skills & experience required
Key skills and experience for the Technical Coordinator include:
- QA or technical experience in a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Food Technology Degree / Qualification (Desirable not essential)
- Qualifications such as Food Safety Level 2 or 3 and HACCP Level 2 or 3 is preferred.
- Experience conducting internal audits.
- Working knowledge of BRCGS.
- Well organised with good planning and time management skills.
The Technical Coordinator job is based in West Sussex and is paying £26,000 - £28,000 according to your experience plus a bonus scheme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 10 am - 6 pm, with an additional 1 in 3 Saturdays (which is paid as overtime).
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Coordinator job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator | Technical Supervisor | QA Manager | Quality Supervisor | QA Technologist | Quality Technician | QA Technician