Sensory & Consumer Scientist EMEA
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers
- Manage the Sensory & Consumer Testing requirements for EMEA.
- Advise on appropriate sensory and consumer science methodologies and provide clear proposals to meet objectives of internal and external stakeholders and related projects ensuring that action standards are met.
- Provide data analysis and interpretation of results and share with stakeholders in appropriate format and provide clear recommendations to the business.
- Manage the Internal Sensory testing program which would include recruitment and training of employee panels, collaborating with R&D, Procurement and Commercial to manage prioritisation of testing requirements; and leading the execution of shelf-life related activities in collaboration with R&D and QA.
- Manage consumer validation requirements which would include liaising with agencies to deliver actionable business insights and validation.
- Work closely within regional team and implement regional and global best practices.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and provide forward-thinking insights building to support business decisions.
- Confidently present Sensory & Consumer Science insights internally and externally and represent McCormick as research adviser in customer interactions.
- Manage the hygiene requirements and maintenance of lab environment.
- Work closely with R&D and commercial stakeholders and Insights to manage expectations and requirements and be the key support for any ad hoc sensory related activities.
- Manage sample storage as well as lab supplies.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Sensory, Food Science, Human Sciences, or related discipline.
- Significant working experience in a FMCG environment in Sensory & Consumer Science, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Experience in using Compusense @Hand.
- Experience in data analysis using Excel and XLSTAT.
- Sound knowledge of advanced statistical analysis methods with ability to carry out complex data analysis and data interpretation and deliver outcome tailored to audience/ requirements.
- Excellent planning, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills with ability to develop customer relationships and maintain customer intimacy.
- Excellent team working skills with ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Highly adaptable to change with ability to work under pressure.
- Competent Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Enthusiastic about food.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.