Process Development Technologist
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Implement new product design for both products and processes into manufacturing plant.
- Lead scale up process with responsibility for testing during the development phase, launching of seasonings into factories.
- Ensure design of products and processes is “fit for purpose” and optimised at the beginning of the process not at the end.
- Improve specifications and standard operating instructions to ensure better conformity of manufacture, smoother, faster start ups.
- Identify and assess potential new or improved technologies or equipment that may deliver improved efficiencies, lower costs, better more consistent products etc.
- Provide process support, application work / problem solving at internal factory and customer premises.
- Work to get to root cause of factory issues and assisting Op’s / engineering to identify and implement fixes.
- Support the business through education and training.
- Experience within the food/drink industry in a Technologist role.
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Food Science Technology.
- Experience in food/drink production.
- Capacity and capability to take initiative and work independently.
- Major project team leadership capacities, proven record of creative scientific achievement.
- A high degree of business acumen is required to understand the potential for viability and ROI of the ingredients, platforms and programs supported.
- Able to manage several different projects and priorities at the same time.
- Willing and capable to learn new skills.
- PC literate as a minimum, working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.