Senior Research Chef
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Proactively support / manage culinary activities to enable and grow the EMEA Flavour Solutions business through trend based culinary presentations and Gold standard recipe development.
- Co-ordinate and present creative and inspiring senior level innovation events. Demonstrate excellent knowledge of McCormick Technology capabilities, an in-depth understanding of the marketplace, and emerging global food trends.
- Strengthen and grow customer strategies with a culinary lens; deliver our food-first philosophy and experience.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of QSR back of house applications, WOW, and equipment through customer presentations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships and “One Team approach” with internal stakeholders: Specifically, EMEA - R&D, Marketing & Insights, Commercial & Sensory.
- Represent the EMEA culinary function by feeding into the Global Flavour forecast team regarding upcoming food trends and flavours that are being seen in EMEA region.
- Enable the overall central EMEA culinary function to deliver on targets.
- Significant experience in a creative culinary development / NPD role.
- Significant experience in the food industry, working in “High end” restaurants or hotels.
- Proficient in culinary demonstrations and presentations, proven ability to collaborate with peers, internally and externally.
- Experience within QSR environment would be a great advantage.
- Flexible/Adaptable with ability to travel within EMEA at short notice.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to network and influence at all levels.
- Proven customer-facing experience with ability to grow customer relationships.
- Proven project management skills and ability to work under pressure at pace, bringing energy and drive to all projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention detail.
- Computer literate (Power point, Word, Excel etc.)
- Second European language would be a great advantage.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent in a food related discipline required. Min. Level 3 NVQ Food Preparation or C&G 701/2 Food Preparation. Culinary or Food Degree, or equivalent, strongly preferred.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.