Food Safety Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Provide oversight, support, and governance for all aspects of hygiene at the Peterborough facility.
- Ensure quality, food safety and operational expectations are met while preventing sanitation and design-related food safety failures.
- Manage and review food safety risk assessment for allergens, pest control, environmental monitoring and master cleaning schedule.
- Conduct cleaning, CIP and allergen validations and verification.
- Oversee the plant sanitation and GMP compliance through managing the pest control and environmental control programs and assuring appropriate corrective actions when gaps exist.
- Lead and manage the plantwide sanitation program to achievFAe key indicator results that support the site strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures.
- Provide guidance and develop technical expertise in appropriate personnel with regard to sanitation and hygienic design and controls.
- Collaborate with facility departments to define sanitation activities and resources needed to ensure completion of Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS). Audit MSS and complete RCCA on issues identified.
- Provide direction and supports the daily management and work prioritization of direct reports across shifts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to improve hygiene programs, procedures, and metrics.
- Provide support, including training, troubleshooting, and some maintenance, to the production sanitation systems, equipment, and tools.
- BSc in Degree in Food Science, Sanitation, Food Safety, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Food Technology, Microbiology or a related technical field of study in the applied sciences.
- Demonstratable working experience in manufacturing plant environment in the food, beverage, flavor, ingredient and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience im implementing and managing validation and verification programmes for allergens, microbiological and environmental moniotoring processes.
- Solid supervisory experience.
- Experience with core sanitation services to include cleaning (wet and dry, COP and CIP, validation and verification of sanitation systems).
- Experience working with SAP & MES software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, to change thinking and lead change efforts across the organization without direct line reporting.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.