About the Company
Our client is a well-loved Devon based food manufacturer, specialising in various bespoke white label and own brand products, are searching for a Production Planner to become a key collaborator, contributor in the continued development of their business. Experience within the food industry and knowledge of managing/ building a strong planning function are pivotal to the success of this position.
You will be free to develop the role whilst working closely with the Production Planning Manager and leadership team, and is therefore essential you approach the role with a hands-on attitude and be flexible with ever changing demands.
About the Role
This pivotal Production Planning role would suit someone with a Planning/ Food Manufacturing background, either looking for their next challenge, or to take the step up in their food manufacturing career. Your keen interest in learning and understanding a business from the ground up, as well as your strong IT and Excel skills will see you succeed in this role.
- Full control of production paperwork – manage issues, tracking & returns
- Produce and update the weekly production tracking sheet
- Checking issued paperwork against tracking sheets and ensuring the correct paperwork is issued or updated
- Set up and generation of WD & RTE schedules from planning lists
- Picking up & processing daily additions independently
- Work closely with the Planning Manager on scheduling – maintain WD schedule; add secondary planning points to RTE (dispatch, warehouse, traying etc); administrate agreed schedule additions
- Adding sample transfer requirement details to the packing schedule
- Close liaison with operations on packing dispatch requirements
- Secondary point of contact for the factory on paperwork queries – resolving batch queries, missing paperwork issues, clarification on schedule or paperwork issues
- Processing consolidation pre-advice
- Absence cover for Operations Assistant
- Processing & logging recipe updates.
Shift Pattern/ Hours
- Day Shift, Monday to Friday (No weekends!)
- 8am - 4pm
- Planning/ Production/ Manufacturing experience gained from working in a FMCG Food environment or equivalent.
- Ideally an understanding of planning systems, MRP systems, spreadsheets, forecasting and stock replenishment.
- A passion for building a strong planning function that will be the hub of the business.
- Hands on work ethic & ability to juggle many balls at the same time.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Ref Code: W40149
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.