£38,000 - £40,000
Job ref: 8084
A new role has just become available with this niche and expanding food business. The company is well-established and produces a fantastic range of high-quality products which are supplied to a variety of retailers all over the UK.
About the Maintenance Engineer job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure that all plant and equipment is repaired and serviced to recognised standards keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Organise team maintenance and required equipment to ensure that operation and maintenance of machinery is completed safely, in the shortest possible time within the time scale demanded by operational necessities.
- Timely and accurate completion of all documentation.
- Monitor workflow, be aware of potential problems and take immediate corrective actions.
- Completion of planned and preventative maintenance on equipment, ensuring all defects found are repaired in a timely manner.
- Contact suppliers and contractors to assist in obtaining spare parts and labour.
Skills & experience required for the Maintenance Engineer job
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organised and hold a suitable Level 3 qualification in Electrical/Mechanical engineering and have the following skills:
- Knowledge of 17th or 18th Edition electrical regulations.
- Proven electrical/mechanical maintenance background.
- Ability to read electrical schematic drawings.
- Understanding of PLC controlled equipment.
- Flexible approach to shift patterns.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation.
The Maintenance Engineer job is based in Kent and is paying £38,000 - £40,000 according to your experience plus paid overtime available (paid at time and a half for weekends).
The working hours are 6 am to 3 pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility to cover other shifts in the event of staff absence as required.
How to apply
To be considered for the Maintenance Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Maintenance Technician | Multi Skilled Engineer | Manufacturing Engineer | Production Engineer | FMCG Engineer | Food Manufacturing Engineering Jobs