Shift Details: Monday to Friday (Days)
Work Level: Work Level 4
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Advertising End Date:29 Apr 2022
About The Role
Our Site Engineering Managers are pivotal in our overall manufacturing operation. Our sites are demanding, pacey and ever-changing and it's our Site Engineering Manager and their team of Engineers that keep the machines running at maximum capacity so we can meet the demands of our customers - ultimately giving great customer service.
Reporting into the Site Manager you will form part of the senior management team where you will also be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Production Managers to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is planned in advance to avoid production disruption
- Promote and ensure safe working practices at all times across the site and attainment of Production plan on a daily basis within planned hours and planned manning levels
- Achieving daily customer service levels around external and internal customer requirements and ensuring the site is compliant to audit standards
- Ensuring the maintenance of the facilities and fabrication of the site
- Managing the engineering budget and appropriate investments to drive continual improvement and monitoring colleague engagement scores and staff turnover levels
- The delivery of Continuous Improvement culture and legal compliance within the engineering function
Along with the ability to work in a demanding work environment you must also have:
- Previous experience working in Manufacturing/FMCG or a similar fast paced, commercially focused environment - Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of coaching, motivating and engaging a team
- Demonstrating assertiveness and decision making skills
- Have a can do attitude to your work
- Ideally be of graduate calibre or equivalent with proven experience of developing and leading a strong performing engineering function
- Strong leadership skills, including communication, engagement and motivational skills to drive continuous improvement
- The ability to influence at all levels
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.