£22,000 - £25,000 + Excellent Benefits
Job ref: 8123
This role is working for a fast-growing and highly respected ambient food manufacturer which is a world-class leader within their market sector. Through constant creativity, they provide top quality, innovative products that deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction.
The company are ambitious, driven and loves working with people that share their passion for excellence and innovation.
About the Specifications Technologist job
The purpose of the Specifications Technologist is to ensure the legal and policy compliance of all specifications for finished food products.
- Ensure the recipe and product specification database is accurate and up to date.
- Complete own label product specifications on customer web-based systems and support the integration of company branded products where required.
- Generate accurate technical pack copy information such as ingredient declaration, nutrition information, allergen warnings etc.
- Sign-off (approval or rejection) of artwork designs for legal compliance.
- Respond to customer technical, nutritional and food issue related queries.
- Review supplier risk assessments and update expired certificates and self-assessment questionnaires.
Skills & experience required for the Specifications Technologist job
- Experience working in a technical / specifications role in the food/beverages industry.
- Understanding of retailer specification systems such as FIND, INSPIRE, TQC, ASPECT etc.
- Knowledge of ingredients, nutrition, and factory process methods.
- Food Science, Food Technology or Nutrition related HND/Degree is desirable.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in Oxfordshire and is paying £22,000 - £25,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, the option to purchase additional holidays, Medicash Healthcare Cashback Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7 GP Helpline Service, Life Assurance Scheme and free car parking.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours, 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply
To be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs