The main objective of the Transport Planning Co-ordinator is to deliver a safe, legal and cost effective plan to the transport execution teams that follows the strict guidelines set by UK and European driver regulations but still meets the customer requirements. The minimum kilometres maximising service must be used to deliver to customers at the required time and maintain the rest of the network at an agreed operating level.
- The position requires the jobholder to have the flexibility to rotate start times to cover shifts from 06:00-19:00 on a 7-day rota (various patterns operate throughout the team).
- The jobholder will be required Weekends on a rotating pattern.
- The jobholder regularly communicates with Network Management Team as well as internal and external teams, Level from 1 to 8
- Sound working knowledge of the transport planning systems and the bespoke interfaces with other PI-UK systems such as SAP, IMI-Warehouse etc.
- Across a seven day horizon, optimise the Crisp plans taking into account factory/site opening positions, new factory clearance requirements, stock replenishment movements, driver availability, raw material collections, pallet supply and third party backhaul availability.
- React and correct capability issues around the network such as Capacity in Warehouses, Stock Levels, Driver resource.
- Co-ordinate key activities such as Raw Material supply, 3rd Party Backhaul, Invoicing, Driver Forecasting, Christmas and New Year Planning, Network Modelling and Empty (MT) Running.
- Liaise with potential backhaul 3rd party contractors to secure new lanes at a rate lower than WSF return trip rate.
- Work closely with third party teams to identify synergies within transportation networks to deliver best cost solution for WSDL.
- Extensive experience of transport planning systems
- Experience and understanding of International Transportation movements is preferable
- Ability to understand detail and impact on the wider picture.
- Have demonstrated leadership, communication, influencing, analytical skills and effective stakeholder management both internal and external on a daily basis.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and effectively prioritise workload.
- Communication & intercultural skills: ability to deal with international exposure and to communicate with people from different countries
- Highly numerate: ability to accurately work with numeric data & handle large number of data records; good skills in analyzing & validating data
- IT: proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; general flair for IT; exposure to SAP/Oracle/