This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Lead an assigned Shift for packaging/processing line(s) or unit(s) with overall responsibility of safety, quality, and performance across the assigned shift. Ensure assigned area performs as expected by ensuring overall standards are maintained.
- Provide coaching and development of team members and facilitate and encourage teamwork.
- Set the direction of shift team and ensure overall performance of the department to meet objectives for safety, quality, process reliability, productivity, food safety, sanitation, GMPs, customer service.
- Assign responsibilities during the shift, plan crew structure and replacements, shift pattern, holidays.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional improvement teams and other HPO (High Performance Organization)/ TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities.
- Ensure product meets standards by reviewing the compliance, the necessary means and equipment are available, functional and safe.
- Participate in or lead cause analysis, including recommending and implementing resolutions.
- Communicate daily with Team Managers & team to follow up on corrective action assignments.
- Participate in onboarding and early development of team members.
- Perform Technician job duties if needed.
- Act as stand-in Team Manager if needed.
- Coordinate shift activities that ensure safety, quality, and consistency to product/process.
- Use HPO competencies to holds self and team accountable for following processes, standards and achieving results.
- Facilitate DDS (daily Direction Settings) meetings. Facilitate and promote teamwork & team discussions. Communicate effectively, orally/written, up, down and across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Manufacturing experience. Understanding of manufacturing environment and how Plant performance impacts Supply Chain function, customers, and consumers. Proven experience in problem solving, resolving minor mechanical and/or processing problems and making necessary adjustments. Leadership experience. Ability to provide daily direction and coaching/ conflict resolution. Strong understanding of PDCA methodology. Ability to facilitate and/or participate in problem-solving discussions with team or cross-functional teams. Strong coordination ability. Knowledge of Office 365 & SAP or other enterprise resource planning tool. Mechanical aptitude. Presentation skills. Maintain professionalism and flexibility in uncertain or stressful encounters. Ability to complete root cause analysis and implement or develop recommendations for counter measure(s).
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.