An exciting opportunity has become available for one of the countries best loved brands for a Day Shift Manager working in their state-of-the-art production facility.
You will manage the day shift in the factory and will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes and shift personnel. To ensure that the products are produced efficiently and safely, ensuring the correct amount is produced at the right cost and at the right level of quality.
- KPI delivery during shift and daily for the operation
- Identify and improve shift performance for night shift
- Responsible for whole site operation and asset oversight including operation responsibilities for production, warehouse, inbound and despatch
- Maintain high standards of safety within production and actively encourage a safe culture, conducting regular safely audits ensuring that all production staff are aware of their legal safety responsibilities
- Responsible for headcount control and labour hours sign-off
- Manage shift engineers and shift leadership team
- Ensure that all production staff maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping
- Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production
- Liaise closely with the Planning Team to ensure that production plans are optimal and achievable, reviewing the weekly plan prior to its issue and ensure that production is geared-up to achieve it
- Conduct daily production meetings at the start of the day and on the shift change including other departments
- Monitor production efficiency and produce performance information by production and packing live
- Regularly assess and maintain a record of training requirements for all production staff
- Closely monitor yields throughout the factory specifically with mixes and ingredient usages and finished products between production and packing
- Produce detailed waste analysis for materials, work in progress and finished product
- Attend the weekly complaints meeting and communicate complaints to production personnel.
- Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in resource planning
- A hands-on approach to leadership, flexible people management style, able to motivate others
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to act decisively and demonstrate good judgement and problem-solving capabilities
- An organised approach to working, the ability to work in a logical and systematic manner with high accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to grasp concepts easily and work with figures and budgets
- Computer literate and confident using computer packages such as spreadsheets and databases.
Ref Code: FM40443
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Danielle Nicolas to Danielle.email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.