As an Arla Engineer, you will make sure that the nation get Cravendale milk in their tea each morning, Skyr yoghurt in their breakfast bowl, and Anchor butter on their toast.
This is an exciting opportunity. You’ll get the chance to work at a site that is going to receive 30 million Euros worth of investment. You’ll be able to work with state of the art machinery. You’ll get involved in projects, creating real change.
So what do our engineers actually do?
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing the machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products.
As an Electrical bias Technician, you will be participating in planned preventative maintenance. Alongside your day to day reactive and preventative maintenance activity you’ll get involved in project work and CI. You’ll also play a key part in the on-going growth of a high performing site.
The Senior Maintenance/Engineering Technician takes complete ownership of the performance of a specialist area and provides an effective proactive maintenance service utilizing relevant techniques in conjunction with the CMMS.
- Conducts and improves predictive maintenance of complex line equipment.
- Conducts corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown.
- Provides specialist knowledge and expertise within defined area, e.g Automation.
- Orders relevant spare parts and materials as required.
- Communicates effectively to report on status of lines and equipment.
- Completes and updates plant maintenance records complying with all departmental procedures.
- Performs all activities in accordance with company and statutory requirements in order to provide a safe and compliant workplace.
- Observing and evaluating equipment and plant conditions.
- Continues improvement of equipment and plant conditions.
- Utilizes CMMS systems and reporting suites
- Carries out equipment and plant condition appraisals.
- Completes root cause analysis with relevant site teams.
- Defines key process parameters and ranges delivering continuous improvement and/or yielding optimal OEE.
- Support the implementation of maintenance excellence.
- Coaching and/or mentoring colleagues, embracing shared knowledge to develop skills and strengthen team.
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role
- Self-starting. self-motivated multi-skilled engineer.
- Time served as Multi- Skilled Engineer within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Knowledge of automated systems such as Siemens s7 and Mitsubishi.
- SAP knowledge.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 or UK specific: HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with an indentured apprenticeship with individual merits.
- 1-3 years of technical and/or maintenance experience after completed training as a multi-skilled maintenance technician.
- Knowledge of LCO principles.
Things we’d love to tell you about our Stourton site
- They will soon receive 30 million euros worth of investment. This is one of the largest in our UK CapEx portfolio.
- Proud producer of our core brands Cravendale, B.O.B, Arla goodness ranges.
Things we’d love to tell you about Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Want to apply?
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Arla family.
Please apply via this advert or our careers page. If you have a question about the role, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.