This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Schedule materials to meet the needs of the manufacturing schedule, delivering the agreed level of material availability within budgeted purchase / transportation cost and inventory targets.
- Track progress against schedule, make changes as necessary to accommodate Service priorities and Plant constraints, communicate progress to key internal / external contacts and stakeholders.
- Using SAP R3 and other tools, schedule inbound material delivery, to meet the needs of the Master Production Schedule and Customer orders, within budgeted inventory targets.
- Monitor progress against the schedule through frequent contact with production, making adjustments as necessary, according to Service priorities and constraints. Maintain close contact with Group Procurement team (Category Managers), advising them of any critical exceptions, shortages or obsolescence risk.
- Manage the return to vendor of agreed non-conforming goods, following up appropriate documentation, to enable Purchasing to track corrective action / complete Root Cause Analysis.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies ie. quantity or value match errors in collaboration with McCormick Accounts Payable team.
- Manage use of inventory within agreed targets, while meeting Customer Service and inventory targets within cost constraints, producing management reports as required. Provide raw materials forecast to Category Managers or Vendors as necessary.
- Support production trials, new product introductions and product discontinuations in the most effective way, with minimal write off exposure, material consumptions oversee during trials.
- Coordinate disposal of obsolete materials via the McCormick SLOB & Scrap procedure, with sign offs from respective Commercial Manager and Site Financial Controller.
- Produce ad hoc management reports as required, to facilitate and support the management decision making process and maintain accurate records of material scheduling activities and decisions.
- Material variance control (BOM vs real, trends, weekly reports, loss analysis).
- Process Orders healthcare (launching, closing, on time).
- Comply with all the rules concerning Health and Safety, to ensure that all equipment is operated safely and to report any accident, injury or unsafe practice in accordance with procedures.
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent (in manufacturing, engineering or supply chain & Logistics) desired.
- Recognized H&S certificate or diploma preferred.
- Relevant demonstrable work experience in a similar role.
- Exposure to/understanding/knowledge of Total Quality Management /5S/ Six Sigma or Lean Principles.
- Team working attitude, resilience, readiness to constructively challenge other team members.
- Experience with working in an automated warehouse environment preferred.
- Competent PC Skills - past exposure to planning using MRP and other systems.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Customer focused and committed to building effective internal and external working relationships.
- Innovative, flexible and adaptable.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope with rotating production schedule.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.