This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Ensure project briefs are SMART, develop packaging timeline & risk register early liaising with R&D, Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Suppliers.
- Manage packaging development projects, also liaising with R&D, Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Suppliers, manage and attend packaging trials and report outcomes promptly.
- Ensure briefs are met OTIF (quality, fit for purpose, cost) and line performance is validated.
- Manage packaging specifications and maintain the integrity of EMEA associated databases.
- Manage food contact certification through PIR with Suppliers & SQP.
- Timely complete pallet plans.
- Establish packaging standards via factory trials to ensure that proposed packaging materials are fit for purpose (i.e. appropriate material/ components, acceptable quality, adequate performance, and efficiency on packing line) and gain approval from all relevant parties.
- Timely complete packaging workflows (VERP & FERT).
- Manage CCI projects (supplier change or specification change) and initiate CCI ideas.
- Involve in technical validation of new packaging equipment.
- Continuously seek the identification of new technology supporting the company's growth.
- Generate innovative ideas that will take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Communicate technical information, opportunities, and potential risks in business environment to facilitate effective decision making.
- Degree in Packaging highly preferred.
- Significant experience in packaging, food industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Form, Fill, Seal (FFS) technology and packaging food law compliance would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of packaging equipment and materials.
- Good knowledge of Autocad, Cape Pack, Solidworks.
- Competent PC Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage time effectively, and deal with constant changes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-assertion and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.