Supply Chain Planner
up to £26,000
Job ref: 8106
An exciting position has become available working for a successful and dynamic food business that manufactures high-end products.
They work closely with their customers to develop an innovative, great-tasting product range and have a great reputation for the supply of retailer brands, working very closely with the leading UK supermarkets and food manufacturers.
About the Supply Chain Planner job
The purpose of your role will be to deliver business goals by ensuring the raw materials and packaging are on site to cover the production plan while keeping stock value under control.
- Ordering required materials to ensure 100% OTIF.
- Analysing potential shortages 24 to 48 hours ahead.
- Confirming orders to ensure they are accurate.
- Effectively deal with delivery issues as they arise, escalating where necessary.
- React to any changes in the production plans which may result in reviewing existing purchase orders with suppliers.
- Run, maintain, and report on the OTIF measurement system for the team.
- Complete KPI’s and report in the team meeting.
- Continually look for improvements to current system, bringing them to the team meeting for discussion and agreement.
- Manage invoice queries with suppliers and within the business in a timely manner.
Skills & experience required for the Supply Chain Planner job
- Experience in a supply chain, planning, scheduling or materials purchasing related role.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems highly preferred.
- Ideally have a background in an FMCG environment, most preferably food manufacturing.
- Highly organised and strong administration skills.
The Supply Chain Planner job is based in Berkshire and is paying up to £26,000 according to your experience.
The package also includes a discretionary bonus, life assurance, pension scheme, access to a healthcare cash plan, and 31 days of holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with years of service.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 4 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Supply Chain Planner job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Materials Planner | Production Planner | Materials Scheduler | Supply Coordinator | Planning Coordinator | Supply Chain Executive | Supply Planner | Food Production Planning Jobs